Oct 28, 2013

Rejections for Almost 365 Days

It's been almost one year since I received my first manuscript rejection and I'm still hanging in there... or, err... here.

Last year, I wrote my first real manuscript.  By real I mean the first story I ever worked hard on, edited to death, researched and submitted with hopes of seeing it in ink.  Though, I hope everything I write will eventually be in ink.

Here I am, almost a year later, with many rejections under my belt.  You know, something I often here is, "Such-and-such was rejected 10 times before they got a book deal."

Really?  Just 10?  Ten is nothing!  If you tell me your story got rejected less than 20 times, to me that is the equivalent of zero rejections.  I'm pushing 50 total rejections on multiple stories.  But, enough of the bragging.  Back to writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment