Jan 3, 2015

Social Media Overload

Have you ever noticed that many writers tend to participate in too many forms of social media?  It's true, writers want to put themselves out there.  By out there I mean they want to have a presence in the world of social media so they can form a large network of friends with similar interests. But why bother to participate in so many, especially if you don't update them frequently?

As a picture book writer, who hopes to be published one day, I only participate in blogging and Twitter. Last year I was a ghost in both worlds, as I took a break during my pregnancy.  I like to blog so I can discuss lengthy topics. I like Twitter to try to lead people to this blog by tweeting little tidbits that might catch ones attention.

In how many forms of social media do you like to participate?

No comments:

Post a Comment