May 17, 2013

What Do Agents Want?

Yes, another post about rejection, but I'm not bitter about it.  I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere when I get rejected because I know there will be an acceptance someday.  I can feel it!

A few recent rejections have included the phrase, "Your book does not fit with our current list," or something similar.  My question is, "Sooooooo, ummmm, what's your current list?  Because I've reviewed the books you have published, and I can't write something identical to what already exists.  So, I'm not sure what you mean."

On another note, I haven't written a new picture book in a while.  Why?  There haven't been any stories aching to flow out of my fingertips.  I have a few ideas, but nothing that motivates me to type until my fingers bleed.

In the past, a few manuscript ideas came into my mind out of the blue, and I wrote them with ease.  These days I feel like I am unwilling to write unless I feel the manuscript is the next big thing.  Tonight, that will change.

I have an idea for a picture book, and I'm just going to sit down and write it.

Let the weekend begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment