May 7, 2013

Agencies and Professional Websites

Anyone promoting himself/herself professionally should have a Website.  A decent one, too, free of wacky fonts and neon colors.

As a writer, I believe I have great stories to offer, and sometimes I must search online for agents.  Hey, I don't know which ones are out there!  I've never once spotted a literary agency billboard beside the highway.

A few times, I have visited Websites and thought, "You have GOT to be kidding me.  Who designed this?"  As a person with a technical background with experience in Website design, I can always point out a horrific design.  When I see a poor design I begin to lose faith in the agencies talent.

It's a known fact that as soon as a person views a Website, they form thoughts about the agency (or business) before reading the content.

Do you have a professional Website design?

No comments:

Post a Comment